Swim in chemical free water - no chlorine, no toxic chemicals
A Living Pool is an organic version of a swimming pool: Living Water
The perfect symbiosis of biology and technology
Visually just like a classical swimming pool and organic nevertheless – the Living Pool requires absolutely no chlorine or other toxic chemicals and still offers the ultimate in swimming enjoyment in crystal clear water.
Instead of the regeneration zone required in natural pools with its live flora and fauna, an underground bio compact filter and a specially developed phosphorous filter provide biological and physiological purification of the water, continuously keeping it clear and alive.
If you'd like to know more about panning your pool talk to us.
Special filter removes nutrients for algae
The reason the water is so clear is achieved with that special “Phostec Ultra” filter that removes phosphorous and therefore nutrients from the water and thus algae have no basic sustenance.
The Advantages of the Living Pool
- The water is processed biologically without the use of chlorine , is crystal clear and "alive" at all times
- Only a small amount of space is required as all the technical equipment is concealed under the sun deck.
- It can be combined with other elements of the natural pool system.
e.g. The bio filter can be designed as an open planted filter.
Hover over a red dot to find out more information
The team at Natural Pools did an outstanding job of delivering promises on time, sticking to budget and staying on the job from start to finish. Very quick, very efficient!
The pool has proven to be an outstanding success. Cheap to run, low maintenance and an absolute pleasure to swim in.”
Cecilia – North of Wellington
The innovation is the combination of tried and tested components of the Natural Pool system.
- The curved sieve skimmer and the submerged pump house constitute the first water cycle. The short operating time of approx 4 hours minimizes power consumption.
- In the second cycle the water is cleaned mechanically and biologically in a bio compact lfilter, e.g. the organic impurities are decomposed by bacteria. The phosphorus contained in the organic substances is released and broken down. Subsequently the water flows through the PhosTec filter, where the phosphorous that was released is bound in the filter material. As the filter material is saturated with phosphate during the course of time, it must be changed every few years.
This cycle runs constantly on very low power.
- A pool robot is part of the Living Pool`s standard equipment and its operating time can be regulated as required.
- To reduce algae growth to the absolute minimum a pool cover is recommended. Covering the pool with a darker cover not only keeps the pool warmer and cleaner ( less debris in the pool ) but also blocks out the sunlight as a major contributor to the growth of algae.
- Conventional swimming pools can be upgraded to the Living Pool system, whereby the water is no longer treated with chemicals.
Come for a swim and experience the difference
A robotic pool cleaner is essential piece of equipment to keep your living pool sparkling clear.
We highly recommend installing a pool cover to keep your pool clean and keep the heat in.
All pools built in New Zealand are required by law to be fenced to a specific standard.
Our chemical free pools can be heated up to 27 degrees Celsius to extend your swimming season.
Immerse yourself in nature - The Future is Chlorine-Free
For over 30 years Biotop has been involved in developing environmentally sustainable products. Protection of the environment and of natural resources is a major concern to us and the core of our corporate culture.
Find out more about the equipment we use to give you a chemical free pool.
We never realised that Natural Pools would turn our concepts into a fantastic living dream. Alex and Hans went way beyond normal building and landscape practices to deliver a truly incredible outdoor lounge and entertaining area complete with waterfall, spa and outdoor shower. If I could only clone them I’d start my own natural pool company!"